3.08.2011

We're packed!

I am happy to say that after fourteen months of being in this adoption process and five months of knowing who our little girl is, we're SO ready to go!  Our bags are packed and as we leave our house tomorrow, we know that when we come back will have Vivienne in our arms and in our family forever. 

I would be lying if I didn't admit that some fears have surfaced for me in these last few weeks.  There are so many unknowns and we're about to travel to five cities with five kids!  Our Associate Pastor preached a sermon a few weeks ago and used a great analogy.  There was a balance beam.  He compared us walking across the balance beam with us serving Christ.  When we're willing to take the walk across it, even though it's scary, we're serving Christ. The other alternative and be comfortable and sit on the balance beam and cling to it where it's safe.  Months ago when we decided to do this adoption, the walk across the balance beam was something that we were excited about.  Serving God is exciting.  Over the last couple of weeks, I have definitely had some anxiety with all of the unknowns: what Vivienne's personality will be like, Sydney giving up the baby status, etc.  The amazing thing is that in my daily devotions, God has been right there to hold my hand as I try to stand up on the beam.  Here is what was in my "Jesus Calling" devotional today:
"Walk by faith, not by sight.  As you take steps of faith, depending on Me, I will show you how much I can do for you. When I gave you My Spirit, I empowered you to live beyond your natural ability and strength. That is why it is so wrong to measure your energy level (keep in mind I have been packing for 7 people) against the challenges ahead of you.  The issue is not your strength but Mine, which is limitless.  By walking close to Me, you can accomplish My purposes in My strength." The verse that went with it was 2 Corinthians 5:7, "For we live by faith, not by sight."
I am SO human and it is so easy for me to try to think I have to do all of this with my own strength.  Then I read scripture and I am reminded that I can ask God to help me. 
I will be posting our itinerary tomorrow night from Chicago.  Thank you for all of your prayers, support and encouragement!

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited for your family! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever, but I enjoy reading your updates. Can't wait to meet your new little girl! I hope your travels go well, and I will be praying for your entire family. Love you!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying and fasting tomorrow and will include your precious family. Have the time of your life!!! Much Love, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great is our God!!! So excited for your family! Love, Ron and Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see sweet little Vivienne in your arms. Congrats, and keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete