3.03.2011

We finally got Travel Approval and a Consulate Appointment!


We are thrilled to announce that we finally received our TA on Monday.  We thought that was the end of the waiting, but apparently the Consulate Appointment takes a few more days..ugh! We finally got that today and we have started packing.  I have made so many trips to the travel sections of Meijer, Walmart and Target that I know all the products by heart!  Seriously, if you're taking a trip, I can give you the lowdown on any toiletry item out there!

The Consulate appointment is what our whole trip is based around.  There is a ceremony that will take place at the US Consulate in Guangzhou (with tons of other adoptive families) where Vivienne will be sworn in.  This takes place at the end of the trip and the whole trip is based on that date. 

John has been working on our flights ALL day.  Since we are bringing the kids, we're trying to get the best rates possible.  I'll post the itinerary when we have it finalized.

Meanwhile, the kids and I are laying out clothes to bring, packing backpacks and trying to get our house in order for a baby! 

Haven't seen one of these in our house for quite a while!

4 comments:

  1. Your kids have to be SO excited!!! Blessings and prayers for your travel.
    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ang! Anything new today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The post we've all been waiting for! SO excited to travel with you and plan together. What a blessing it has been! Cannot wait to meet your little Vivienne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John and Sue Your pictures are GREAT I am so glad you all are having such a good time. Emma is doing fine I know she miss's you all, but I went over Sunday afternoon and she laid on my lap while Katie and me watched a movie. We will take good care of her. I am so excited to read your blogs I check everyday. Love and Prayers .... Brenda

    ReplyDelete